Wednesday, March 8, 2017

#weddingdietwannabes - Wings, fries, and juicing?!

After my visit to Memphis last week, my groom had the idea of trying out juicing.  I had seen recipe ideas on Pinterest and tried smoothie versions of juicing recipes but was skeptical of juicing itself.  I had heard that certain juicers don't leave all the vitamins and minerals in the juice, they are all taken out during the juicing process, not to mention there is a mess to clean up after and the amount of produce you need to buy is impressive.  

He had a very successful first week juicing (minus the mess).  He made a "green machine" juice with kale, cucumber, lemon, ginger, and celery.  As a guy that has coffee for breakfast every morning, I think the juice has quite a few benefits for him.  He gets all his vegetables in for the day and he has something to get him through to lunch other than what might be offered in the break room at work.  




He convinced me to try it and this past weekend we went to Kroger and stocked up for week two of juicing (week one for me).  My goal was to aim for a sweeter juice and I think I was successful.  First, I chose green grapes.  Surely they would be super juicy!  Then strawberries, cantaloupe and pears.  He stuck with his lean green machine recipe of kale, carrots, lemon, cucumber, celery, apples and pears.  


Juicing was a success and might be something that we are able to keep up on a weekly basis.  I have felt sustained after having my juice in the morning.  Its not something to keep me full until lunch but I feel energized and refreshed to start the day.  We both juice at the same time so there is only one mess made and we have enough for the five day work week.  Im excited to see where week 3 goes from here!

#wannabes

This, is where we fell off the bandwagon....

A cheap dinner idea on the fly while you are heading out the door to Kroger - I give you buffalo chicken wings.  We try so hard to keep up with being healthy but then the Pioneer Woman makes chicken wings on the Food Network.  *sigh*  Ree Drummond lures us in every time...














We rounded off the meal with Double Beer Battered Cajun Fries.  It was a labor of love.  I love potatoes in any shape or form and I love cooking.  But these took forever.  Making two batters, then frying them twice, and multiple paper towels used to drain the fat.  Believe me, they were delicious! Just make sure you have the time to dedicate to making them and have hungry humans to shower you with gratitude once you present them with a mound of double fried fries! 










Life is all about balance right?! #weddingdietwannabes

No comments:

Post a Comment