Sunday, May 21, 2017

Simple Steak Recipe - #weddingdietwannbe


I found this recipe while on a pretty intense diet called the Fast Metabolism Diet.  The recipe called for lime juice and rosemary as a steak seasoning.  Weird.  But let me tell you, it's tasty!!!!  I have tried this marinade on filet mignon as well and it was delish!

Tonight, I added garlic salt and a little bit of butter to the pan as well.



Steak Marinade:
Steak (we used ribeye)
Salt
Pepper
Juice of 2 limes
Two sprigs of rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1-2 tbsp butter


After letting the steaks marinate for about 3 hours, I heated up a cast iron skillet.  The steaks don't have to marinate very long at all, at least 10 min but up to 12 hours.  Searing both sides of the steak on a high heat, the steaks did not take long to cook (about 10 min).  I let the steaks rest for a few minutes so the juices could redistribute and served them with Twice Bake Potatoes.... :-)






Let me know if you have any steak marinades that you use!


No comments:

Post a Comment