Saturday, December 10, 2016

Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cakes


I haven't been able to bake much this fall/winter and each time I open up Pinterest or Instagram there are posts from various bloggers that seem so seasonal.  Pumpkin-y, cinnamon-y, nutmeg-y, allspice-y, and chocolate-y goodness fills my new feeds and I'm jealous of what their kitchens must smells like and of the sweet treats they get to devour.

My boyfriend's mom had a Nordic Ware mini bundt pan that she was trying to give away. So, I gladly took it off her hands to have some baking fun with!  She had the bundt pan for many years and never used it. And with her birthday coming up, I stumbled upon the perfect opportunity to combine all of my favorite fall/winter flavors into a treat for her and everyone to enjoy!

I found this recipe on Pinterest and knew immediately that it was going to fit the bill of being the sweet treat I was craving.  

Recipe is linked above for instructions but what you will need is:in

Bundt Cake Base Batter
1 1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
6 eggs
2 tsp vanilla

Pumpkin Batter
1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Chocolate Batter
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cocoa powder







Then I decided that I need a bit more chocolate in this recipe so I made a Chocolate Ganache.
 This ganache recipe I found explains everything so well and all the different uses for ganache at all its different stages of cooling and becoming an icing.

I ended up with this


The chocolate ganache was so good it could be eaten with a spoon straight out of the bowl. The bundt cakes were great too, good flavor, bit somewhat dry.  I would suggest adding a little extra pumpkin puree to the pumpkin batter (maybe 1/4 cup or so) and leaving out a little but of flour when mixing the chocolate batter (maybe a 1/4 cup or so).

Overall, it is a great recipe and I would love to try it again soon!   Please let me know if you have any suggestions or if you try this recipe out!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda
    Please make these for your family when you're all together for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you can make them the next time I see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the recipient of these delicious pumpkin cakes, I can say they were beautiful, yummy, and all gone! Thank you Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Amanda! Grandma told me about your blog, and now I will be a faithful follower! I love what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete