Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Hello!

Hey there!


I am Amanda and have been fiddling with the idea of starting a blog for years now, and here it is.  Admittedly, this is not my first experience with a blog.  My six best friends and I started a blog about 10 years ago on the basis of the book/movie of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and converted the idea into our own Sisterhood of the Traveling Apron. As we passed the apron among us, we would post recipes that we deemed scrumptious enough to share.  Through the years we have taken different routes through life.  Some have gotten married, had children, gotten law degrees and doctorates, and moved to various parts of the country (or out of the country).  In short, we have traveled many miles from the place we all call home all while cooking, baking, shopping, and traveling our way through life and have let the blog go.  These girls, the love, and the moments we have shared together are what brought me to this blog.  

As you may understand, I found myself second guessing this whole decision.  Nerves can and will get the best of you.  But today, all it took was reading one of my favorite devotionals from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and seeing this:

"Come away with me for a while.  The world with its nonstop demands, can be put on hold"

Today is December 6, 2016.

So here I go, starting my own.

For this little space of the internet there is no real guide.  This is a space for you and me to go on an adventure together to share thoughts, recipes, travels, trends, and experiences.  A place for us all to go on a journey together having time spent away from the nonstop demands of the world.  

So, this being the first of many...


Welcome to Read It, Make It, See It, Wear It!

No comments:

Post a Comment