Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Beauty Favorites of 2016



One of the best things to happen to me in 2016 was the discovery of Dr. Dennis Gross skincare.

The alpha beta peel pads, the hyaluronic moisture cushion....sigh

I wish I had before and after photos for these products but I was not organized enough.  Oops!  I had never considered a gel based moisturizer before until a friend recommended it (thank you, Mallory).  Gel based moisturizers made such a difference for my skin.  I never considered my self a combination skin kind of gal but with age I my skin has changed.  My T-zone gets oily but my cheeks and under eyes stay dry with some texture.  This moisturizer felt like it actually absorbed into my skin and didn't just sit on top and rub off on my pillow at night.  When used in conjunction with the peel pads my skin felt completely smoothed out and my makeup went on so much smoother.

The peel pads are another wonder!  They are gentle enough to use daily but I use mine every 3-4 days.  My skin seems to be just fine with that schedule but I will increase how much I use them if I have an event coming up (Christmas, New Years Eve, etc.).  They come in extra strength, regular, and ultra gentle. 

My three favorite products are:

It ain't cheap but its worth it!


Alpha Beta Daily Peel (available in extra strength, and ultra gentle)
and




If Dr. Dennis Gross doesn't fit your budget then I would recommend the St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer.  This is a great bang for your buck.  It smooths nicely into the skin and is light enough to wear under your makeup.  Also, this is available at drugstores!


Next are two perfumes that I received for Christmas that I am obsessed with!  I never thought I would be in possession of Chanel No. 5. *oh em gee*  In a round-a-bout way I am lucky enough to have a father with a very particular nose so when he finds a scent he likes it must be great!  Chanel No. 5 is definitely a mature scent and I will be using it for special occasion and nights out on the town.  It a little floral, clean, and fresh.  The second scent I received for Christmas was Kate Spade Walk on Air.  This will be much more of an everyday fresh, floral, and sweet scent.   
                                              

I love trying new brands so send me your suggestions!  


Brands on my list to try in 2017:
Clinique
Clarins Paris
Chantecaille

Can't wait!

**Disclaimer! I do not claim to be a beauty guru, or makeup expert but I do enjoy trying new brands and products.  What girl doesn't love her products?!

No comments:

Post a Comment